Epinephrine Inhalation Aerosol Bronchodilator
Use with Primatene Mouthpiece
Temporarily relieves shortness of breath, tightness of chest, and wheezing due to bronchial asthma.
Eases breathing for asthma patients by reducing spasms of bronchial muscles.
Adults and children 4 years of age and older: start with one inhalation, then wait 1 minute. If not relieved, use once more. Do not use again for at least 3 hours.
Children under 4 years of age: consult a doctor
The use of this product by children should be supervised by an adult. See insert for mouthpiece use and care instructions.
Store at room temperature, between 15-25¡ëC (59-77¡ëF)
Contains no sulfites.
Active Ingredients: (in each inhalation): Epinephrine (.22 mg - Bronchodilator)
Inactive Ingredients: Alcohol (34%), Ascorbic Acid, Fluorocarbons (propellant), Water
For inhalation only
Do not use
- unless a diagnoses of asthma has been made a doctor.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have heart disease, thyroid disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, ever been hospitalized for asthma, trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any prescription drug for asthma.
When using this product
- do not use more often or at higher doses than recommended unless directed by a doctor
- excessive use may cause nervousness and rapid heart beat, and, possibly, adverse effects on the heart
- do not continue to use,l but seek medical assistance immediately if symptoms are not relieved within 20 minutes or become worse
- do not tamper with, puncture or throw container into incinerator. Contents under pressure.
- using or storing near open flame or heating above 120¡ëF (49¡ëC) may cause bursting
Contains CFC 12, 114, substances which harm public health and environment by destroying ozone in the upper atmosphere
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.