Original Texture Metamucil
· Effective in restoring regularity.
· Daily source of soluble fiber for maintaining regularity when recommended by a doctor.
· Safe, natural therapeutic fiber.
· Gently encourages elimination without stimulants.
#1 Doctor Recommended
Serving Size: 1 tsp (7 g)
Servings Per Container: 114
Amount per Serving
Calories Total 25 % Daily Value+
Sodium 3 mg <1
Total Carbohydrate 6 g 2
Dietary fiber 3 g 12
Soluble fiber 2 g *
Sugars 3 g *
% Daily Value
Calcium 6 mg <1
Iron 1 mg 4
* Daily Value not established.
+ Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
For the relief and management of constipation (irregularity)Also useful for the treatment of constipation associated with gastrointestinal disorders when recommended by a doctor.
1. Put one rounded teaspoon into an empty glass.
2. Fill glass with at least 8 oz. of water or your favorite beverage. Stir briskly and drink promptly. If mixture thicken, add more liquid and stir. (This product can be taken before or after meals.)
Mix this product (child or adult dose) with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See warning.
Daily Fiber Supplement: Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium husk, as in Metamucil, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol. One Adult dose of Metamucil has 2.3 grams of this soluble fiber.
· Adults 12 years & older: 1 rounded teaspoonful in 8 oz of liquid 3 times daily.
· Children under 12 years: Consult a doctor.
Fiber Laxative: Effective in treating occasional constipation and restoring regularity. Contains a 100% natural, therapeutic fiber.
· Adults 12 years & older: 1 rounded teaspoon in 8 ox of liquid at the first sign of irregularity. Can be taken up to 3 times daily. Generally produces effect in 12-72 hours.
· Children 6 to under 12 years: 1/2 adult dose in 8 oz of liquid, up to 3 times daily.
· Children under 6: Consult a doctor.
Active Ingredients: Each rounded teaspoonful contains:: Pure Psyllium Husk Fiber (3.4 g)
Inactive Ingredients: Sucrose
Drug Interaction Precautions:
If taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hous after the prescribed medicine.
· Laxatives, including bulk fibers, may affect how well other medicines work. If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine. As your body adjusts to increased fiber intake, you may experience changes in bowl habits or minor bloating.
· Keep out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a poison control center immediately.
· Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing.
· If you experience chest pain, vomiting or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product , seek immediate medical attention.
· May cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium.
Before using this product, consult a doctor if you:
· Have a sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks.
· Have abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or rectal bleeding.
· Are considering use of this product as part of a cholesterol-lowering program.If constipation persists beyond 7 days, consult a doctor as it may be a sign of a more serious condition.