Imodium® A-D controls the symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea.
Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration, which may accompany diarrhea.
Adults and children 12 years of age and older - Take 2 caplets after the first loose bowel movement and 1 caplet after each subsequent loose bowel movement. No more than 4 caplets in 24 hours.
Children 9-11 years (60-95 LBS) - Take 1 caplet after the first loose bowel movement, and 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose bowel movement. No more than 3 caplets in 24 hours.
Children 6-8 years (48-59 LBS) - Take 1 caplet after the first loose bowel movement, and 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose bowel movement. No more than 2 caplets in 24 hours.
Children under 6 years (up to 47 lbs): Consult a physician. Not intended for use in children under 6 years old.
Loperamide HCI 2 mg per caplet.
Dibasic calcium phosphate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal silicon dioxide, FD&C Blue #1 and D&C Yellow #10.
- Keep this and all other drugs out of reach of children.
- Do not use for more than two days unless directed by a physician.
- Do not use if diarrhea is accompanied by high fever (greater than 101¡ë F), or if blood or mucus is present in the stool, or if you have had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCI.
- If you are taking antibiotics or have a history of liver disease, consult a physician before using this product.
- As with any drug, if you are pregnant or nursing a baby, seek the advice of a health professional before using this product.
- In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a poison control center immediately.
- See side panel for expiration date. Store at 15-30C (59-86F).